Tuesday, May 22, 2007

New Bracelets

I didn't have very good luck photographing the whole bracelet, however, my details are not bad. I think it may be time to start comparing digital SLRs, now that the prices have become more affordable!

This is my Triangle Cuff Bracelet. It is the first time I have worked with triangle beads and all I can say is that "I love them". I stitched them using the Ndebele stitch. I absolutely love the way that they nestle next to each other. This cuff was finished with a gold-filled 5 strand slide clasp. I am definitely going to do more of these is different colorways.



This is a detail of my Celtic Diamond bracelet. It was made with a base of
right angle weave, then embellished with units sewn using 11's and
4mm Swarovski crystals. I made a beaded toggle for the closure.


This is my Arabesque bracelet, made entirely of Swarovski crystals, with a few 11's and 15's. I made it to match the Right Angle Weave Pendant necklace below. They really look nice together.

4 comments:

The Lone Beader said...

I have never tried Ndebele stitch, so I am in AWE. And, your Celtic Diamond is beautiful! Did you design that yourself?? I am always on the lookout for unique bracelets=:) X-CELLENT work!

Vicki said...

Thank you so much for the feedback! The Celtic Diamond bracelet was from a three hour class I took last Saturday. I have plans to do a wider cuff with two rows of diamonds on a black base of right angle weave.

Dawn Chastain said...

Okay.. I've just read throught your entire blog and I and soooo impressed with your work. It is beautiful. I especially love the 3cabachon pendant. you do great raw. It is one stitch that I havent been able to master. dc

mdmB said...

Love your work. Ndebele is one of my favourite stitch too :)